You may not be swimming or sun bathing, but the chilly season can still play havoc with your hair.
Cold temperatures, air conditioning and indoor heating can dry out your locks leaving frayed ends and frizz galore! What's more, you probably subject your hair to more heat styling than you would do in summer.
That's why daily hydrating products are essential and the good news is that there are so many options, you don't have to dip into the pantry for the olive oil!
Here are our tips for controlling frizz, fixing flyaways and rescuing dry winter hair...
- Don't over shampoo! Shampooing your hair can strip it of it's essential oils (aka moisture), so unless you have super-oily hair, try and wash it every second day. If it's looking a little oily, try a spritz of dry shampoo on the roots.
- Always use a conditioner - every single time! You can even opt for skipping the shampoo and just giving your hair a quick rinse followed by a rejuvenating conditioner, such as Evolu Enriching Conditioner, $19.99, which will keep hair clean and hydrated.
- Can't spare the extra five minutes? Try a leave-in conditioner, such as L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise EverPure Moisture Leave-In Conditioner, $19.99.
- Heat can damage your locks so before you flat iron or blow dry your hair, make sure you spritz a heat protectant, such as Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Crystal Shine Heat Protection Spray, $14.99, to your locks.
- It's a good idea not to straighten your hair every day, so give your strands a break by using a lasting heat-activated frizz treatment, such as Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth Heat Activated Treatment, $14.49. The heat of your straighteners works with the technology by bonding it to the hair cuticle to provide seven-days of frizz-resistant hair that will last through washes.
- For out-of-control frizz from dry air, hats or scarves, try a nourishing hair serum such as Sebastian Professional Taming Elixir, $40. This weightless smoothing serum with essential avocado and microfine oils provides thermal protection and smoothing effects by taming frizz.
- For super-parched tresses, hydrate with a hair oil such as Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil, $35. This super-oil is enriched with omega-6 rich fair trade argan oil to nourish each strand. Use a wide-toothed comb to brush the oil through wet hair to avoid breakage.
For these products and more must-have winter hair repairers, check out our Winter Hair Survival Kit!